Back to Amazon.com

WootBot


quality posts: 17 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Google Pixel (Verizon and GSM)

Last Purchase:
3 months ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 14% of Woot.com Woots
Top 5% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 2% of Woot.com Woots
Top 1% of all Woots



Quality Posts


wootstalkerbot


quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

Google Pixel (Verizon and GSM)
Price: $199.99 - 254.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard (Free with Prime) OR $10 Two-Day OR $20 One-Day
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Friday, May 18 to Monday, May 21) + transit
Condition: Refurbished

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
4/25/2018 - $199.99 - 249.9 - Click To See Discussion (10 comments)
2/23/2018 - $279.99 - 329.9
12/28/2017 - $349.99 - 449.9


3/23/2018 - $259.99 (Woot Plus)
3/23/2018 - $259.99 (Woot Plus)
3/1/2018 - $324.99 (Woot Plus)

blueswerks


quality posts: 1 Private Messages blueswerks

Before anyone asks, you cannot unlock the bootloader (Verizon locked).

qazxswe


quality posts: 17 Private Messages qazxswe

(Since this will come up eventually.)

Yes, this phone will work on ALL US carriers (and MVNOs).

🐧Too cool to have a signature.🐧

qazxswe


quality posts: 17 Private Messages qazxswe
qazxswe wrote:(Since this will come up eventually.)

Yes, this phone will work on ALL US carriers (and MVNOs).



And yes, the dates given for guaranteed software updates are wrong.

Woot posted the dates for the Pixel 2. (Though I'm blaming Amazon for that.)

https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/4457705?hl=en#pixel_phones

🐧Too cool to have a signature.🐧

mikes123


quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikes123

Woot: stop calling Verizon phones "unlocked." VZW is the one US carrier which locks ALL of their Android phones down hard.

mikehell


quality posts: 6 Private Messages mikehell
mikes123 wrote:Woot: stop calling Verizon phones "unlocked." VZW is the one US carrier which locks ALL of their Android phones down hard.



"Unlocked" means that you can use it with a carrier other than Verizon.

rugbert


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rugbert
qazxswe wrote:(Since this will come up eventually.)

Yes, this phone will work on ALL US carriers (and MVNOs).



What about ProjectFi?

GoogleDrummer


quality posts: 1 Private Messages GoogleDrummer
rugbert wrote:What about ProjectFi?



Fi runs on Sprint and T-Mobile, it will work.

That only works in fake real life.

campo78


quality posts: 0 Private Messages campo78

Does anyone know the model number? Is this the G-2PW2100?

rowdyred94


quality posts: 5 Private Messages rowdyred94
mikes123 wrote:Woot: stop calling Verizon phones "unlocked." VZW is the one US carrier which locks ALL of their Android phones down hard.



Even if the bootloader was unlockable, you still wouldn't describe the phone as unlocked, since it wouldn't be unlocked at the time you received it. Carrier-unlocked and having a bootloader that's unlockable are two different things.

Wooting gleefully since 2008

cksolo1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cksolo1

Is this phone worth buying if google is going to stop updating? I want to use this phone for fi and just to be part of the Android community.

mgalat


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mgalat

Background: I have a google pixel (verizon edition) and currently use it on google fi.

This is a great phone....right up until it isn't. My microphone stopped working the other day and I found from my online search that this is a pretty common issue. Since these are refurbs, maybe that issue has been taken care of, but buyer beware.

However, I loved my pixel/fi experience enough that I am trading it in for a pixel 2. Apparently I enjoy rewarding companies who sell a defective product....

insert inspirational quote :here:

steel36


quality posts: 0 Private Messages steel36

Do we know anything about the battery status?

lancehart


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lancehart

I'm confused... every time I see a phone posted it says Verizon & GSM... but why no support for Sprint users? But then to read some of the comments, they say this will work for anything, including Project FI which is Sprint & T-Mobile I believe, so will this work on Sprint or not? Been feeling left out for so long as Verizon compatibility is not the same as Sprint, even though they are both CDMA.

Shirt.Woot Deals So Far:

nitkot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages nitkot

Will this mobile work in India?

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 1038 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

steel36 wrote:Do we know anything about the battery status?


The batteries are tested and replaced if needed.


** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

sendtosteve


quality posts: 3 Private Messages sendtosteve
ThunderThighs wrote:The batteries are tested and replaced if needed.



What is the replacement threshold? 80%? 75%? A different metric?

Tdavis81


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Tdavis81
mikehell wrote:"Unlocked" means that you can use it with a carrier other than Verizon.



Thats not true. What Woot is referring to is SIM unlocked. Verizon has had all their phone SIM unlocked since the bought the 700MHz spectrum from FCC. It was part of the requirement.
What you are referring to, is boot-loader unlocked. Which has nothing to do with the ability to work on other carriers. Just you personal choice to root the phone.

likwifi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages likwifi

Has this phone been ever used, or it is straight refurbished from manufacturer.

PaulMaudDib


quality posts: 0 Private Messages PaulMaudDib

These phones use OLED screens which are extremely prone to burn-in. Phones in the "refurbished" channel are often quite burned-in, particularly at this price point.

Curious if Woot has a policy on this but that's my major concern with a refurb of this model.

They are also about a year from Google pulling OS support, and do not have an unlocked bootloader (so no LineageOS support/etc), and there is no MicroSD slot. Battery life is typical for a thin flagship phone (~1 day) and the battery is integral to the phone. The camera is reportedly one of the high points of this series.

xskitchx


quality posts: 0 Private Messages xskitchx

Be careful with these. Android's 8.1 update broke a lot of Pixels. Google won't admit it.
I currently have a Pixel (of which I am currently using to write this) and ever since I updated to 8.1 my phone no longer makes or takes calls and actually freezes the phone when I try. The speaker goes out sometimes. The ability to take video is gone as of 3 days ago (as of this writing).
If you end up getting a Pixel - do not update it to 8.1. This isn't the case with every Pixel so it isn't a priority for Google to fix especially since they just announced their Pixel 3.
I was outside my warranty by 1 month and Google refused to do anything about it because I didn't get their extra protection. I never thought I would have to get protection to protect against their updates though.

qazxswe


quality posts: 17 Private Messages qazxswe
xskitchx wrote:Be careful with these. Android's 8.1 update broke a lot of Pixels. Google won't admit it.
I currently have a Pixel (of which I am currently using to write this) and ever since I updated to 8.1 my phone no longer makes or takes calls and actually freezes the phone when I try. The speaker goes out sometimes. The ability to take video is gone as of 3 days ago (as of this writing).
If you end up getting a Pixel - do not update it to 8.1. This isn't the case with every Pixel so it isn't a priority for Google to fix especially since they just announced their Pixel 3.
I was outside my warranty by 1 month and Google refused to do anything about it because I didn't get their extra protection. I never thought I would have to get protection to protect against their updates though.



The Pixel 3 isn't being announced until later this year. By Google I/O they announced the first beta version of their developer preview for Android P (which had an alpha build until this point).

Tell me something; if you try voice dictation, does it work or not?

If not, then it's a hardware defect and not a software defect.

And yes, it's connected to videos not working.

🐧Too cool to have a signature.🐧

bsmith1


quality posts: 154 Private Messages bsmith1
rugbert wrote:What about ProjectFi?



Works like a charm. Send me a PM if you want a Project Fi referral code that'll save you $20 on one of your bills. (new Project Fi customers only)

qazxswe


quality posts: 17 Private Messages qazxswe
lancehart wrote:I'm confused... every time I see a phone posted it says Verizon & GSM... but why no support for Sprint users? But then to read some of the comments, they say this will work for anything, including Project FI which is Sprint & T-Mobile I believe, so will this work on Sprint or not? Been feeling left out for so long as Verizon compatibility is not the same as Sprint, even though they are both CDMA.



Yes, it will work for Sprint.

Here's an article to explain about compatibility.

(Side note: Because of the way it's phrased in general, when I would look for Pixels on eBay, I'd see that sellers would say that it cannot be used on Sprint, which is incorrect.)

🐧Too cool to have a signature.🐧

mikeparderlikes


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikeparderlikes

Anyone know the condition of these phones or "refurbished" phones sold on woot in general? Are these actually refurbished by Google or cleaned up a bit and resold? If anyone can shed some light I would appreciate it.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 1038 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mikeparderlikes wrote:Anyone know the condition of these phones or "refurbished" phones sold on woot in general? Are these actually refurbished by Google or cleaned up a bit and resold? If anyone can shed some light I would appreciate it.


These are grade A refurbished.


** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

xskitchx


quality posts: 0 Private Messages xskitchx
qazxswe wrote:

Tell me something; if you try voice dictation, does it work or not?

If not, then it's a hardware defect and not a software defect.

And yes, it's connected to videos not working.



The holding down the center "button" for the assistant to come up? Sometimes it works. Mostly it freezes the phone and causes it to restart which then loops and never starts up.
I JUST NOW received a call that I didn't pick up (for reasons stated above) and the phone crashed and went into the endless bootloop.

darthwhit


quality posts: 1 Private Messages darthwhit

Wow... Not much love here. In my opinion this is a great deal. The phone can be used on every carrier to my knowledge is guaranteed updates for longer than most. I have a Pixel XL refurbished scratch and dent model from a previous Woot deal. Other than the fact that I ordered the Pixel and Woot sent me the Pixel XL instead I've been perfectly happy. I'm already running Android P with no problems whatsoever. No screen burn in issues. Battery is great especially after updating to Android P. Now I'm debating getting a Pixel and give my XL to one of my kids. I prefer smaller phones.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 1038 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

sendtosteve wrote:What is the replacement threshold? 80%? 75%? A different metric?


Per the vendor, 80% is the threshold.


** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

mikeparderlikes


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikeparderlikes

Again, this can mean many things.. I can clean up my current phone well and sell it as "Grade A" refurbished. is this refurbished by Google or cleaned up nicely by a third party?


ThunderThighs wrote:These are grade A refurbished.



arp734


quality posts: 1 Private Messages arp734

Is this phone compatible with a Death Star? A friend of mine is going to be there for vacation and was curious.

qazxswe


quality posts: 17 Private Messages qazxswe
arp734 wrote:Is this phone compatible with a Death Star? A friend of mine is going to be there for vacation and was curious.



Provided that the Death Star is in the US, then yes.

🐧Too cool to have a signature.🐧

Wooter780035030


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wooter780035030

does this work in other countries? with other carriers?

mikeparderlikes


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikeparderlikes

How was the condition of the phone when you got it from Woots last sale? I know that one said "scratch and dent" so its a little different but still wondering what woot is selling. Thanks.


darthwhit wrote:Wow... Not much love here. In my opinion this is a great deal. The phone can be used on every carrier to my knowledge is guaranteed updates for longer than most. I have a Pixel XL refurbished scratch and dent model from a previous Woot deal. Other than the fact that I ordered the Pixel and Woot sent me the Pixel XL instead I've been perfectly happy. I'm already running Android P with no problems whatsoever. No screen burn in issues. Battery is great especially after updating to Android P. Now I'm debating getting a Pixel and give my XL to one of my kids. I prefer smaller phones.



mikeparderlikes


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikeparderlikes

Looking at all the specs, the LTE bands as well as the GSM radios, this will work in just about everywhere in Europe, I'm in Italy.

Wooter780035030 wrote:does this work in other countries? with other carriers?



Wooter692002096


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wooter692002096

Hi guys,you reckon this phone would work outside of the US being that it is unlocked?
Also,I hear Verizon branded phones being loaded with bloatwares,are these refurbs free of bloatwares? If not,can they be easily uninstalled? Thanks.

darthwhit


quality posts: 1 Private Messages darthwhit
mikeparderlikes wrote:How was the condition of the phone when you got it from Woots last sale? I know that one said "scratch and dent" so its a little different but still wondering what woot is selling. Thanks.



There were several white specs on the phone body. This is the black model. No visible damage or scuffs on the screen. With a case it looks like a brand new retail phone.

Wooter923452304


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wooter923452304

What is the model number. I'm trying to see if this will work with republic wireless

qazxswe


quality posts: 17 Private Messages qazxswe
Wooter923452304 wrote:What is the model number. I'm trying to see if this will work with republic wireless



Both US models (for each Pixel version) work on all carriers and MVNOs.

Republic Wireless will be compatible.

🐧Too cool to have a signature.🐧