Back to Amazon.com

WootBot

quality posts: 17 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

JULY 12, 2018: WOOT TURNS 14. ARE YOU READY?

​​

It's our birthday- and you're invited! Woot.com is turning 14, so we're throwing a day-long SEVERAL-DAYS-LONG party. Get your party pants on! Here are some of things that are gonna happen:

Be ready for the big day! The party starts Tuesday, July 10th with ridiculously-good deals (so good we can't tell you what they are yet)! Get ready by signing up for a Woot account if you don’t already have one. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for the latest birthday news and updates. And download our app for exclusive offers, and bonus surprises.

Click the relevant button below to download the right Woot app for your device:

What to expect on Thursday, July 12th

The 14-hour Birthday Edition Woot-Off will start at 8am CT and last till 10pm CT. Super-low prices on limited-quantity products, with some very special surprises thrown into the cake batter.

Score one of Woot's famous Bags of Crap

We've been assembling thousands of extra-crappy Bags of Crap to scatter throughout the site, our social channels, and the Woot app. We can't guarantee what's inside, but we can guarantee you will be disappointed. Oh, and we lowered the price from $10 to $9.99. YOU'RE WELCOME.

Special-Edition BIRTHDAY Bags of Crap

Each hour during the 14-hour Woot-Off, we'll release 14 specially-priced, limited-edition Birthday Bags of Crap. They are packed with extra crap, and a special certificate you can frame and hang on your wall. If you're into that kind of thing. And yes, they are limited to one per customer. But if you've gotten a regular BOC in the past, you can try for one of these...

$1 Prices? WTF?!?

Starting Thursday, we'll run one of our (in)famous WTF Pricing events every day through Monday, July 16. We list a product with extremely-limited quantities for $1, then keep raising the price and adding quantities over the next hour or so, until we're sold out. Yes, it's totally weird. Click here to learn more.

Do You Have a Phone?

Because you now have a reason to use it: WEEKEND APP CRAP! Our minions have been hard at work, sourcing truly weird and wonderful items, that will ONLY be available on the Woot! app on Saturday, July 14 and Sunday, July 15. And when we say Crap, you know what that means...

The Trailer of Crap

The what of WHAT?? You heard us, the Trailer of Crap. We have a towable, road-legal trailer that we're not using anymore, so we're putting it up for sale on our Birthday. One lucky sucker can purchase this one-of-a-kind Crap on wheels for the low, low price of...nooo, we're not telling you that until our Birthday. Stay tuned!

jesse1470

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jesse1470

I am so excited, your birthday is like our birthday, only we pay you to give us gifts haha!

X11

qazxswe

quality posts: 18 Private Messages qazxswe

I'd rant about how Woot can't seem to decide when to celebrate their birthday since it changes year to year, but this was already discussed last year.

There is what to learn from the potato.

dmw804

quality posts: 30 Private Messages dmw804

A nice birthday gift would be to suspend the 31 day rule. Just this once.

X26

jakemyster84

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jakemyster84

Oh how cute, I joined Woot 1 day after their first birthday.

kmmm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmmm
dmw804 wrote:A nice birthday gift would be to suspend the 31 day rule. Just this once.

What is that?

bsmith1

quality posts: 155 Private Messages bsmith1
kmmm wrote:What is that?

Woot only lets you buy 1 bag of crap every 31 days. There are a lot of people who won't be able to buy one during the birthday event because they already bought one in late June.

draigun

quality posts: 32 Private Messages draigun
kmmm wrote:What is that?

It's a wait on getting a second Band of Conspirators. You can't get a second until 31 days after your first.

dammit bsmith beat me to it.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1039 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dmw804 wrote:A nice birthday gift would be to suspend the 31 day rule. Just this once.

Nope. Our birthday happens the same time every year. It wasn't a surprise, especially to you old timers.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

qazxswe

ThunderThighs wrote:Nope. Our birthday happens the same time every year. It wasn't a surprise, especially to you old timers.

I guess that doesn't contradict what I typed.

The birthday is the same date, but commemorating it isn't.

mbspell

quality posts: 43 Private Messages mbspell

woo hoo!!

oldest son will be home from Japan that week so I took it off work. fingers crossed for birthday crap!

hans2012

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hans2012

I joined Woot on Nov.27 2006 after seeing it on a show on TV,and when I pulled Woot up on my computer their was a Wootoff going on and I had no idea what it was.I changed my e-mail in 2012 and it started me off like the new guy on the block!!LOL.I love ya Woot,happy early birthday!!!!!!

Coogles

quality posts: 49 Private Messages Coogles

Back when it was the 7 day rule I seem to recall Woot saying that while you couldn't buy a Bandolier on Chewie during that 7 days you could still win one if it was a prize for a contest. I think it was related to the "Guess what's in Manhand's hands" thing they used to do but maybe they'll have some similar ways to snag crap for their birthday.

wajeremy

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wajeremy

Staff

qazxswe wrote:I'd rant about how uWoot can't seem to decide when to celebrate their birthday since it changes year to year, but this was already discussed last year.

You know when you have a birthday party, you often have the party on the preceding or following Saturday so all your friends can make it, stay up late with you, not worry about work the next day, etc?

Same deal. Except all our friends (y'all) are usually out on weekends and not sitting at your computers so Woot is the opposite. We move our party around to make sure you can hang with us! This year, we can do it on our actual birthday. Hope you can join the fun!

Head Magister of the Woot!Loops Cereal Bar

sanagna

quality posts: 10 Private Messages sanagna

Can't wait. I held off on Bandolier on Chewies last sale just to have the chance at one on Woot's Birthday. Yea Yea I know crap is crap but to us old wooters it is a trandition

qazxswe

wajeremy wrote:You know when you have a birthday party, you often have the party on the preceding or following Saturday so all your friends can make it, stay up late with you, not worry about work the next day, etc?

Same deal. Except all our friends (y'all) are usually out on weekends and not sitting at your computers so Woot is the opposite. We move our party around to make sure you can hang with us! This year, we can do it on our actual birthday. Hope you can join the fun!

You lost me when you started talking about parties and friends.

bigray57

quality posts: 13 Private Messages bigray57

It's ALWAYS easy to remember Woot's Birthday, its the same day as my dog Bosco!!!(also have it written on the calendar each year)!

wajeremy

Staff

qazxswe wrote:You lost me when you started talking about parties and friends.

WE ARE YOUR FRIENDS qazxswe!!

astangelo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages astangelo
ThunderThighs wrote:Nope. Our birthday happens the same time every year. It wasn't a surprise, especially to you old timers.

But... but... it was/is to us new-timers!!

qazxswe

wajeremy wrote:

WE ARE YOUR FRIENDS qazxswe!!

krittikae

quality posts: 29 Private Messages krittikae

I hope my phone conference doesn't get in my way of celebrating!

Vote!

Follow me here!

ThunderThighs

Staff

astangelo wrote:But... but... it was/is to us new-timers!!

You're NOT a newtimer!!!!

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

ThunderThighs

Staff

Coogles wrote:Back when it was the 7 day rule I seem to recall Woot saying that while you couldn't buy a Bandolier on Chewie during that 7 days you could still win one if it was a prize for a contest. I think it was related to the "Guess what's in Manhand's hands" thing they used to do but maybe they'll have some similar ways to snag crap for their birthday.

Yeah, contests are different. Not sure we're having any of those though for Bandolier on Chewies.

qazxswe

ThunderThighs wrote:

So have contests for boxes of good items then .

wajeremy

Staff

qazxswe wrote:So have contests for boxes of good items then .

But we have to talk to our LAWYERS to do contests. WHY WOULD YOU WISH THAT ON US?

ohai lawyers. this is just humor. we love you. please approve our things.

qazxswe

wajeremy wrote:But we have to talk to our LAWYERS to do contests. WHY WOULD YOU WISH THAT ON US?

ohai lawyers. this is just humor. we love you. please approve our things.

But according to TT, your lawyers are monkeys.

wajeremy

Staff

qazxswe wrote:But according to TT, your lawyers are monkeys.

Not all monkeys are as fun as Mort and Monte...

qazxswe

odena02

quality posts: 0 Private Messages odena02

Happy Early Birthday...I feel like I've raised you as my own child; probably spent more money on you than my own child :-) I'm so excited...I've been able to get a Band of Conspirators

odena02

digitaljanitor

quality posts: 54 Private Messages digitaljanitor
ThunderThighs wrote:Yeah, contests are different. Not sure we're having any of those though for Bandolier on Chewies.

What if there were no hypothetical questions?

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 100 Private Messages daveinwarshington

YAY! Happy 14th birthday!

emilyap

quality posts: 17 Private Messages emilyap

> Oh, and we lowered the price from $10 to $9.99. YOU'RE WELCOME.

That made me laugh out loud.

Also, wow, the links in my .sig are sure broken.

Narfcake

quality posts: 397 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

... with some very special surprises thrown into the cake batter.

Cat hair!

Makin' Bread

Makin' Biscuits

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

sammydog01

quality posts: 72 Private Messages sammydog01

Ooh, special editions! Are they on the same timer as the regular ones? (Yes would be a nice answer.)

sammydog01

quality posts: 72 Private Messages sammydog01
qazxswe wrote:You lost me when you started talking about parties and friends.

Happy Hour totally counts as a party. Please let it count.

pooflady

quality posts: 30 Private Messages pooflady

Here's where my blood pressure goes up.

I think my guardian angel drinks.

nabutu

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nabutu

Since it's your birthday (Goncrats and all o'that...) Would you be willing to answer a couple a Woot historical questions?

Fr'instance; Any employees celebrating their 14'th anneversary working for Woot?

And; Why is Woot tied to the Central Time Zone, since it seems most of your offices are now in Washington (state)?

dacharles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dacharles

I want a Band of Conspirators I've never gotten one!

acraigl

quality posts: 234 Private Messages acraigl

Does a regular Bandolier on Chewie prevent you from getting a special Bandolier on Chewie? Asking for a friend.

VOTE >

luv4stephen

quality posts: 3 Private Messages luv4stephen

Once again, something to look forward to from Woot!