Back to Amazon.com

WootBot

quality posts: 17 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Here's the TL;DR version:

July 3 at 4pm CT | SanDisk 32GB MicroSD Memory Card | Prices start at $1   (Super-limited quantities)

UPDATE 7/3/18 at 4:55pm: WE'RE SOLD OUT. We've gone through all the price levels. Thanks for playing along with us. As always, we'd like to know how it went -- tell us how we can improve this for next time!

WTF (Woot's Totally Fun-tastic) Pricing is a way for us to give you a chance at a ridiculous price on a specific deal without losing our shirts. So here's how it works:

1. Go to this page. (Deal will appear "Sold Out" until #2 below).

2. At about 4pm CT on Tuesday, July 3, we will launch the deal with a price of $1. Click on the deal, and try to get it. There are just a few at this price.

3. If you don’t get the deal for $1, then click back to the page and wait to refresh your browser at the next launch time. If you're on the Woot! app, then click back to the main "Featured" deals tab at the top, and click the WTF banner again to refresh the page.

4. At about 4:10pm CT, we will launch the deal with a price of $2.50. Again, there are just a few at this price.

5. Repeat Step #3.

6. At about 4:20pm CT, we will launch the deal with a price of $4.

7. Repeat Step #3.

We think you get the idea. Every 10 minutes or so we will keep raising the price in increments, eventually landing on the final Woot price of $9.99 (which is still a great deal). So, if you don't wanna play, you can wait for about an hour and get the deal at $9.99, until the deal ends at 5pm CT (if it hasn't sold out yet at the lower prices). But if you're feeling lucky, have some time to kill, and like hitting F5, then let's do this. GOOD LUCK!

Also, let’s set some expectations so you don't get mad:

• WTF Pricing is for this one offer only.

When you click on the offer, you might be ushered into Woot's Vestibule of Patience, the queue of customers who are trying to order. From there, you'll either be taken to the checkout page, or our servers will hiccup and kick you out to Woot's main page.

There are only a few quantities at each price point. Not just one, but not dozens. A FEW. Each level will sell out really quickly. Most likely you're not going to get one for $1. Or $2.50. BUT YOU NEVER KNOW.

• You may get a message that your order has been denied or canceled. This just means that we ran out of inventory at that price before we could complete your order. Most likely this is going to happen, so just be ready for the disappointment.

And hey, if you ARE lucky enough to get the deal at one of the crazy-low prices, post about it in the thread below, or on social media, so other Wooters don't think this is some bait and switch deal. We can say it's not, but the internet never believes anyone. Help a Woot out, OK?

qazxswe

quality posts: 15 Private Messages qazxswe

So I take it that the last time this was attempted, the results surpassed expectations (in a good way).

Either that, or Woot just likes messing with people.

(Most likely both though.)

🐧Too cool to have a signature.🐧

peaceetc

quality posts: 73 Private Messages peaceetc

Excellent! I'm looking forward to definitely failing to get this for a dollar.

I GOT A FRICKING LETTER (November, 2017)

Woody1

quality posts: 33 Private Messages Woody1

Nice way to stress test your DDOS security. I think I will use that tactic to prove the security services we sell.

I have this guy hitting the F5 button today:

900+ woots! - Talk to the Square or don't🤔

Nightshooter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Nightshooter
Woody1 wrote:Nice way to stress test your DDOS security. I think I will use that tactic to prove the security services we sell.

I have this guy hitting the F5 button today:

Whenever I see or hear someone talking about F5 to refresh I think about this, it makes me smile =]

https://shirt.woot.com/offers/f5-refreshes-you

SumDuud

quality posts: 23 Private Messages SumDuud
Woody1 wrote:[b]Nice way to stress test your DDOS security. I think I will use that tactic to prove the security services we sell.

They do this with every Bandolier on Chewie they sell; and it always breaks. lol

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

Contrarian by nature.

bankernosaj

quality posts: 20 Private Messages bankernosaj
SumDuud wrote:They do this with every Bandolier on Chewie they sell; and it always breaks. lol

True, but this should be even worse as everyone knows the exact time of day and exactly what they are getting for an awesome deal. Pretty sure this is going to shut down the entire internet!

*28*3

bsmith1

quality posts: 154 Private Messages bsmith1

How many can I buy? One at each level?

mmansour

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mmansour

Starting at 4 pm CST means all us Eastern time working peeps can't play... boo...

brutherford

quality posts: 14 Private Messages brutherford

Oddly familiar to the old "Happy Hour" deals from back in the day.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1037 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

brutherford wrote:Oddly familiar to the old "Happy Hour" deals from back in the day.

Kinda.
But not really.

Howdy!

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

LooseGoose7175

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LooseGoose7175
ThunderThighs wrote:Kinda.
But not really.

Howdy!

Hi TT - IS there to be a Christmas in July this year?

ThunderThighs

Staff

LooseGoose7175 wrote:Hi TT - IS there to be a Christmas in July this year?

You mean Christmas in July in August? I don't think so?

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

sanagna

quality posts: 10 Private Messages sanagna

Sounds like fun. Wish it were an item that I would use

pmcizhere

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pmcizhere

My sister-in-law could use one for her new Galaxy S9+. Not that she's out of space yet, but for some distant time in the future where she has ALL THE GAMES and doesn't want to delete any. I'll at least tell her I tried!

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

scottnorwood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scottnorwood

If shipping is $5 waiting until the end and buying will result in paying more than at least 4 other internet sellers charge. Just saying. But F5 on!!!

jerome648

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerome648

I have no idea what you want me to do! Your directions are confusing at best. I won't try joining Woot again.

Jerome F. Megna
[VMod edit: personal info removed]

qazxswe

jerome648 wrote:I have no idea what you want me to do! Your directions are confusing at best. I won't try joining Woot again.

1. Not sure why you just posted personal information.

2. You already HAVE an account, no need to join again.

3. This doesn't start for another 47 minutes anyways.

qazxswe

scottnorwood wrote:If shipping is $5 waiting until the end and buying will result in paying more than at least 4 other internet sellers charge. Just saying. But F5 on!!!

They REALLY want people to have Amazon Prime, and for them to use it in conjunction with Woot.

😆

MoeHayNow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MoeHayNow

That's an awful lot of fine print.

amandareed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages amandareed

"Deal will appear "Sold Out" until #2 below"

Nope. Doesn't show as sold out. Just takes you to the blog post.

troyblood

quality posts: 1 Private Messages troyblood
amandareed wrote:"Deal will appear "Sold Out" until #2 below"

Yep, same. Waste o' time.

bsmith1

amandareed wrote:"Deal will appear "Sold Out" until #2 below"

Yup. They had to do that to prevent people from setting up bots to autobuy. (leaving the url a mystery) Bad instructions are bad. I think after the first round it will show sold out.

amandareed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages amandareed
bsmith1 wrote:Yup. They had to do that to prevent people from setting up bots to autobuy. (leaving the url a mystery) Bad instructions are bad. I think after the first round it will show sold out.

makes sense.

bad instructions are bad.

Wooter847345484

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wooter847345484

This is pretty lame. First you say only a few will even be available at the really low prices, yet if someone happens to luck out and get one, you then tell them "it's likely" their order will be canceled or refused, due to no more available?

That's pretty rude, and doesn't even make sense. How could there not be any left if only a few got the OK they have one?

There's obviously a larger supply, as you'll be selling most of them at the $10 price. So if you promise someone they have one, you really do need to honor that. Telling them tough luck because of some glitch on your part, is pretty unprofessional...

qazxswe

Wooter847345484 wrote:This is pretty lame. First you say only a few will even be available at the really low prices, yet if someone happens to luck out and get one, you then tell them "it's likely" their order will be canceled or refused, due to no more available?

That's pretty rude, and doesn't even make sense. How could there not be any left if only a few got the OK they have one?

There's obviously a larger supply, as you'll be selling most of them at the $10 price. So if you promise someone they have one, you really do need to honor that. Telling them tough luck because of some glitch on your part, is pretty unprofessional...

They have some for each price tier.

Much like by B0Cs, an order can go through but get cancelled almost immediately.

dest581

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dest581

Well, I got an order number!

ThunderThighs

Staff

DANG! That's was fast!!

peaceetc

Well, that was annoying. When the link first appeared it went to a 'not found' page, which slowed me up on trying to get it... and I didn't.

doslover

quality posts: 1 Private Messages doslover

Well, missed out but at least I see how it's supposed to work now, even if it was going to charge me shipping despite my primeness

sammydog01

quality posts: 71 Private Messages sammydog01

Is it time to quit the vestibule of patience?

qazxswe

sammydog01 wrote:Is it time to quit the vestibule of patience?

It was time to quit before you even entered .

bsmith1

Boom!

I wasn't expecting the Amazon payment checkout to be fast enough, but it worked.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Yes, kiss it goodbye.

jesse1470

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jesse1470

Dang I am just not quick enough, I ran a log this time to see how fast I was at the least. I clicked buy it now at 4:00:05 MT and got vestibuled.

X10

ARBDEF

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ARBDEF

No it is a trap. stay there until it lets you order. All these others are trying to steal your spot.

peaceetc

bsmith1 wrote:Boom!

I wasn't expecting the Amazon payment checkout to be fast enough, but it worked.

Didn't you score on the WTF thing last time? Are you a ninja?

qazxswe

ThunderThighs wrote:Yes, kiss it goodbye.

If Sammydog kisses the VOP goodbye, and Mort ALSO kisses the VOP (for whatever reason), then has Mort kissed Sammydog?

wajeremy

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wajeremy

Staff

peaceetc wrote:Didn't you score on the WTF thing last time? Are you a ninja?

I was just wondering that! I may have to form a strike team called “beat bsmith1” to try and best his crazy Wooting skills.

Head Magister of the Woot!Loops Cereal Bar

dmaeder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmaeder

So there were 2 sold at $1. Does that mean 4 are available at the next Price?