Top 2% of Woot.com Woots
Top 1% of all Woots

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

SwissTek Professional HD Wi-Fi Endoscope
Price: $28.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard (Free with Prime)
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Thursday, Jul 12 to Friday, Jul 13) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
4/30/2018 - $29.99
3/12/2018 - $29.99
1/20/2018 - $29.99

9/20/2017 - $34.99 (Woot Plus)
9/20/2017 - $34.99 (Woot Plus)

MikePhoto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MikePhoto

The perfect item for looking up your friends!

(Your *very* close friends.)

"The thing about quotes on the Internet is that you cannot confirm their validity." - Benjamin Franklin

pupyluvr

quality posts: 64 Private Messages pupyluvr
MikePhoto wrote:The perfect item for looking up your friends!

(Your *very* close friends.)

DIY Colonoscopy?

Zippy The Pinhead

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Zippy The Pinhead

The software doesn't work. I bought one of these a while back, it worked the first time I tried it then nothing. A Google search showed that this is a widespread problem, the developer has abandoned the app and other apps for endoscopes won't work with this one. Also, the one I received from Woot was NOT marked SwissTek. By the time I realized it was DOA my window for returns was expired and Woot custserv was no help at all.

More customer feedback here: https://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=7378221&pageindex=2

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

thegreatcyrano

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thegreatcyrano

2 questions:
How long is the cable?
&
Can this work with an android phone at all?

nmill005

quality posts: 9 Private Messages nmill005
Zippy The Pinhead wrote:The software doesn't work. I bought one of these a while back, it worked the first time I tried it then nothing. A Google search showed that this is a widespread problem, the developer has abandoned the app and other apps for endoscopes won't work with this one. Also, the one I received from Woot was NOT marked SwissTek. By the time I realized it was DOA my window for returns was expired and Woot custserv was no help at all.

More customer feedback here: https://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=7378221&pageindex=2

Thanks for the heads up. I was just about to purchase.

geckoFeet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geckoFeet

I'm beginning to think that the "Ernest Hemmingway" post may be phony, since "Olaf" isn't a Swiss name, and Hemmingway surely knew the difference between Swiss and Swedish.

If Woot ever offers Hemmingway-branded shotguns, though, I'm in.

devin000

quality posts: 3 Private Messages devin000

Is it waterproof? asking for a friend.

keitht56

quality posts: 1 Private Messages keitht56

I do NOT want to know what you are going to use this for. Just sayin'

hazmat0001

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hazmat0001

Dido Zippo's review.
Wouldn't waste 1.00 on this. Bought it last time and for personnal reasons didn't get to try it until 1 day after return period. It never worked, tried multiple apps. Never a return email from customer service. Maybe they know it's junk.

mattmcd31

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattmcd31

What is the focal length on this. I have one but it has be nearly a foot away from the object to make it a clear picture which makes it pretty useless.

Matt

mattmcd31

I had mine working on a Android, but the focal length is too far.

thegreatcyrano wrote:2 questions:
How long is the cable?
&
Can this work with an android phone at all?

Matt

mattmcd31

Looking inside walls, pipes, car parts, or other tight spots. but the focal length is too far.

keitht56 wrote:I do NOT want to know what you are going to use this for. Just sayin'

Matt

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1039 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mattmcd31 wrote:What is the focal length on this. I have one but it has be nearly a foot away from the object to make it a clear picture which makes it pretty useless.

From the specs
Focal Distance: 3mm-8mm

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

jreddington

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jreddington

I have one purchased on previous Woot. Looks similar and I do not see Swisstek on it anywhere (Model YPC110). However, I have had no problem with the wifi app, HD See on an Android tablet.

Resolution is not as sharp as I would have liked and could really use a longer focal distance.

Have used probe underwater with no problems. Tip: In wet environments, place a bag over the transmitter (all the way down to the light control) and wrap it tight to keep it splash proof. Also, tape the tube that holds the accessories to the cord so you won't lose it.

mrdevine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrdevine

I bought one about a year ago. I've used it several times for some HVAC issues and for cleaning out my dryer vent. Never had an issue on my android phone.

zopheus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zopheus

I purchased one of these last time around. It works. I'm using it with an iPhone 6s. The camera cable is plenty long and stiff enough to snake it though tight spots. The auto focusing of the camera can be slow some times. It helps to move the camera back and forth some to get the auto focus to realize what it needs to focus on. Overall, for < $30 this is a good deal. It might be something you only use a couple of times, but it is one of those things that can really help when you have no other options. At this price, I would recommend.

notmatty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages notmatty

Staff

geckoFeet wrote:I'm beginning to think that the "Ernest Hemmingway" post may be phony, since "Olaf" isn't a Swiss name, and Hemmingway surely knew the difference between Swiss and Swedish.

If Woot ever offers Hemmingway-branded shotguns, though, I'm in.

BWAHA!!

jordnta

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jordnta

Staff

Zippy The Pinhead wrote:The software doesn't work. I bought one of these a while back, it worked the first time I tried it then nothing. A Google search showed that this is a widespread problem, the developer has abandoned the app and other apps for endoscopes won't work with this one. Also, the one I received from Woot was NOT marked SwissTek. By the time I realized it was DOA my window for returns was expired and Woot custserv was no help at all.

The apps are still available in both the Apple and GooglePlay stores.

Also, here is a link to download the PC software for anyone who needs it: http://www.oasisscientific.com/downloads.html

corbinworks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages corbinworks

Makes me sad to know Wood/Amazon would try and pass this on to its people...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1039 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

corbinworks wrote:Makes me sad to know Wood/Amazon would try and pass this on to its people...

Well, two things. We've sold thousands of these and while there are complaints in the forums, they're very few compared to the number purchased. People are more likely to post when they're unhappy than when they're happy.

Second, we've ALWAYS sold junk. What woot world were you living in?

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

rsaz904

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rsaz904
ThunderThighs wrote:

...Second, we've ALWAYS sold junk. What woot world were you living in?

And here I was thinking the Big ol' Celebration that I've never been able to purchase was actually full of high quality merchandise!

donver12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages donver12

Is the cable long enough to check the backsides of your teeth while performing a self-colonoscopy?

caperkco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages caperkco
donver12 wrote:Is the cable long enough to check the backsides of your teeth while performing a self-colonoscopy?

Now THAT was funneh!!! Thanx for the Diet Coke spraying out my nose!!!

adamcaron

quality posts: 1 Private Messages adamcaron
ThunderThighs wrote:From the specs
Focal Distance: 3mm-8mm

I bought one of these from Woot a previous time - it most certainly does NOT focus @ 3mm regardless of the specs. While not a foot away as someone else said, it has to be at least several inches away in order to focus.

That said, so long as one realizes that "professional" in the name does not make it a "professional" tool, it does work. And for 30-ish bucks, it only needs to be used about one time to be worth the purchase.

blakwing

quality posts: 2 Private Messages blakwing

Also.. The description says that the cable is "Rigid yet flexible".. That's merely code for "This is a slightly thicker cable and holds it's shape moderately better than your headphone cable"..

While I've been able to use mine it's been difficult to use especially if you think that this will work the same way as a regular hand held inspection scope does.

Momster

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Momster

Perfect present for the husband's 50th bday

jaws8817

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jaws8817
hazmat0001 wrote:Dido Zippo's review.
Wouldn't waste 1.00 on this. Bought it last time and for personnal reasons didn't get to try it until 1 day after return period. It never worked, tried multiple apps. Never a return email from customer service. Maybe they know it's junk.

I think you mean “ditto”, Einstein...

leannedove32

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leannedove32

Figured out how to get it to work on iPhone after reading app store comments!!

It only works if you turn OFF cellular signal!

SirVancelot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SirVancelot
leannedove32 wrote:Figured out how to get it to work on iPhone after reading app store comments!!

It only works if you turn OFF cellular signal!

Thanks. This product works great on Android also using this method.

jrsquonk

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jrsquonk
devin000 wrote:Is it waterproof? asking for a friend.

Yes, with a supplied attachment. Seriously.

x14

jrsquonk

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jrsquonk

OK folks. I got mine to work on an Android phone. Here's how.

First of all, go to Google Play or Amazon Apps and do a search on Imagekit. It popped right up when I did this on Google Play. Install that app.

Second, connect the camera to the Wifi unit and power it up.

Third, go to the setting on your phone that displays available wireless networks. Look for one that says something like, or exactly like "YPC_4648". Log into that network.

Fourth, fire up the Imagekit app. The camera image should pop right up. Best focusing distance for highest resolution is 1 to 2 inches.

Hope that helps! Hey TT, does this satify the elusive and highly coveted Quality Post criteria? I spent MINUTES doing this!

x14

BarneyFifeFan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BarneyFifeFan

I also was able to use the ImageKit app with no issues