Top 7% of Woot.com Woots
Top 4% of all Woots

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5]

WEN 2000-Watt Inverter Generator
Price: $384.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard (Free with Prime)
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Monday, Jul 16 to Tuesday, Jul 17) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
2/21/2017 - $384.99 - Click To See Discussion (9 comments)
1/30/2017 - $384.99 - Click To See Discussion (10 comments)
1/24/2017 - $384.99 (Woot-off) - Click To See Discussion (1 comments)

smithdude74701

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smithdude74701

Could always use a WENverter generator for delicate electronics during tornado season!

TexasScout

quality posts: 3 Private Messages TexasScout

Noise level? Dba?

fsoewito

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fsoewito
TexasScout wrote:Noise level? Dba?

SMH, RTFM!

Our 79.7 cc 4-stroke OHV engine operates at an extremely quiet 51 decibels at quarter load; quieter than a window air conditioner or the average conversation.

01bar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 01bar
TexasScout wrote:Noise level? Dba?

have one, very quiet.

01bar

Jeffg3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jeffg3

This is Not a good price as you can get a larger generator for less price.

WEN 56475, 3750 Running Watts/4750 Starting Watts, Gas Powered Portable Generator, CARB Compliant
by WEN
$389.00

mitkowsk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mitkowsk
Jeffg3 wrote:This is Not a good price as you can get a larger generator for less price.

WEN 56475, 3750 Running Watts/4750 Starting Watts, Gas Powered Portable Generator, CARB Compliant
by WEN
$389.00

The WEN 56475 is a standard, alternator type generator. This is an inverter generator. It is very light, very quiet and produces a very clean electrical signal. The WEN 2000 should not be compared to a the WEN 56475. It's a case of comparing apples to oranges. You cannot just do a price comparison. They each serve a separate need and are used to do different things. I own a WEN 2000 and a Briggs and Stratton similar to the WEN 56475. I used them both and generally do not interchange them.

djdrew44

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djdrew44
Jeffg3 wrote:This is Not a good price as you can get a larger generator for less price.

by WEN
$389.00

This is an inverter, not a generator. It offers cleaner, more stable power than a standard generator. They are also more expensive than generators. This is the lowest price I’ve seen for an inverter.

dogbreath77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dogbreath77

Does anyone know if I login using my amazon user name and password for to get the free shipping do I also get the 5% cash back for using my Amazon credit card even though I'm buying through Woot?

mja1962

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mja1962
dogbreath77 wrote:Does anyone know if I login using my amazon user name and password for to get the free shipping do I also get the 5% cash back for using my Amazon credit card even though I'm buying through Woot?

Nobody knows... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

markderoller

quality posts: 0 Private Messages markderoller

I have 2 of these purchased through Woot in years past. They've been good generators.

I purchased the WEN 56421 Parallel Connection Kit so I could parallel them and get 3600 watts.

I also purchased 2 Yamaha Ef2000iS Magnetic Oil Dipsticks, which don't appears to be available now but perhaps sold elsewhere.

Finally, I purchased 2 Docooler Inductive Hour Meters so I could record hours.

I have 30 hours on them and they have gotten me through a few power outages now.

Though these are inverter generators I also use battery backup/surge protector boxes on all the sensitive electronics (cable modem, router, computer, TV, DVR....).

rpbusby

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rpbusby

I would caution anyone buying a cheap generator to read a few pages of the Amazon reviews (sorted newest first). Sometimes you get a great one, sometimes not-so-much.

If you arent afraid of diving into it with a wrench and screwdriver and using WEN's Monday-to-Friday phone support (or Google), then this generator is worth the risk. If you are, well, maybe you should reconsider buying any small engined device online.

That said, after a few trips to the hardware store to fix my not-so-great generator, I do love my WEN. I've used it on numerous campsites from the beach to the mountains, and its terrifically reliable. Or at least it is now.

tstencel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tstencel

I own two of these. One is 2yrs old (yellow) and newer one (orange) is a few months old. They are both working great. Yellow one has like 100hrs on it. Used it during a hurricane outage last yr. I have had no issues so far. They are basically a Yamaha clone. I am happy with my purchases. Very quiet on eco and not very loud on full load. For the price they are hard to beat. Are they a $1k Honda? No - but they are a 1/3 price.

copefiend2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages copefiend2

Bought one of these last time they were on sale. I love it. It runs well, easily handles my little window unit A/C for the workshop, and once the A/C is running it does fine on eco mode.

Quiet and so far so good. I only have about 10 hours on it. The only thing I did is ran it through the break-in period before the initial load and changed the oil a few times. 2 to 3 pulls and it starts right up.

poutie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages poutie
djdrew44 wrote:This is an inverter, not a generator. It offers cleaner, more stable power than a standard generator. They are also more expensive than generators. This is the lowest price I’ve seen for an inverter.

Walmart and eBay have both had this model for sale for less than this woot price.

ajohnson098

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ajohnson098

These 2200 watt knock off generators come out all the time with discounts with different labels and they all come with clone Chinese engines.

This is the old model 2000 watt one so not a great deal.But only fair.

Check the warranty with labor and parts longevity and if there is a repair facility nearby other than that they are all the same mostly.

Alan

jupiterssj4

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jupiterssj4
mja1962 wrote:Nobody knows... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No, I've tried. It just shows as AMAZON PAYMENT *WOOT* on your credit card, it's like using paypal or something, amazon is just the processor.

x4

farley999

quality posts: 2 Private Messages farley999
dogbreath77 wrote:Does anyone know if I login using my amazon user name and password for to get the free shipping do I also get the 5% cash back for using my Amazon credit card even though I'm buying through Woot?

No discount after being assured that I would 10,000 dollars later. Big bank issues the rewards wont cooperate. Shipping may very well be free,

nabutu

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nabutu

A few bits of advice for anyone planning to have a generator 'just in case'...

1. Read the manual and follow the maintenance carefully. Especially, be sure to start-and-run the thing for a few minutes according to the schedule. Running keeps the carboretor clean so it will start when needed. You don't want to spend hours pulling the cord to no avail.

2. Oil needs changing frequently, like every 100 hours (four days of continuous use. So have quarts of the proper type on hand.

3. Note the fuel consumption and have a few days of fuel on hand. When your electricity is out, so it is for the nearest gas stations. And when half the gas stations are closed, the rest out of stock, handling the increased load.

4. Some generators use special power plugs, and the hardware stores (if open) will be out of stock when you want them. Reorders will arrive when power is restored. Buy your heavy duty extension cords in advance.

5. Some critical household items require 240 Volts. Well Pump?!? Water Heater?!? AC? Will the generator you're looking at do 240v or only 120v?

6. You only need amperage to handle your biggest 1 or 2 appliances. Run a few things for a while, move to other things. Fridge only needs an hour or two to cool down, then will slowly warm over a few hours...

7. Adapt your house in advance. If you're planning to run your Water Heater off a portable generator, add a special outlet and plug into the hard-wired Romex, and get or make an extension cord with a similar outlet.

8. Remember the prepper adage; Two is one and one is none...

Wootofthenorth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wootofthenorth
poutie wrote:Walmart and eBay have both had this model for sale for less than this woot price.

Two sellers on Ebay have this model for $200+/- but both those sellers have absolutely no selling history on Ebay(0 sales for one and maybe 14 unrelated sales for the other). All other, more reputable seeming sellers have this model listed for $500+. Walmart doesnt list this Wen model at all.
It lists a 1250 watt version for $370 which is nearly the same price as for these 2k watt versions on Woot. But go ahead and give the Ebay $200 sellers a try and let us know how it works out!

primussucks

quality posts: 2 Private Messages primussucks
nabutu wrote:A few bits of advice for anyone planning to have a generator 'just in case'...

3. Note the fuel consumption and have a few days of fuel on hand. When your electricity is out, so it is for the nearest gas stations. And when half the gas stations are closed, the rest out of stock, handling the increased load.

I'd add to this list -

a) Fuel Stabilizer, Helps prevent your gas from turning into varnish and becoming useless for a couple of years. I cycle through gas by using the oldest stuff in my lawnmower and replenishing it with new gas.

b) Spare Air Filters. Clean air filters allow for better air flow to the carburetor helping with fuel efficiency.

c) Spare spark plugs. Similar response to air filters.

B and C are important during those long haul power outages to ensure you're running at top notch and following the maintenance schedule...

...I even went as far with my B&S 5500 to add an inline fuel filter just to be on the safe side.

tc1uscg

quality posts: 36 Private Messages tc1uscg

by WEN
$389.00

I can't remember if it's 699 or 599 but this 3500watt genset (inverter) was on sale at HarborFreight. I have one of the smaller 2kw units as a backup (I have a 10kw troybilt also). I've had it for about 3 years, start them up and run them under load(s) for 15-30 minutes, once a month is great, every other month is ok too. Then refuel then put them away. One thing about these smaller engines, if you let them sit for weeks or months, then go to start them, and you find yourself taking Advil later. I keep a can of starting fluid, sparkplug wrench and screwdriver in a bag attached to mine. I let it go for 3 months back in the winter, took a while to get it started, and only after I put some stater fluid in it. I plug a 1500watt heat gun up to it and let it roll for for a while. I do turn off the heat gun from time to time just to make the genset idle up and down. But they are very quiet.

As stated, anyone with a genset need to keep a few things on hand. Most important, Fuel, sparkplugs, oil. And you run the thing not just for the carb but the copper bindings in the "electrical producing" part of the generator. They will corrode if not "exercised".

The ONE thing I did to my big genset is the fuel conversion. I can run natural gas, LPG or 87-93 Octane. When we had the big 4 day power outage in my area years ago. NG was the only trusty source of "gas" as it flowed regardless. When I test my generator, I run NG first, then finish with about 15 on gas. My tank is 8gallons and I keep 15 on hand which I rotate every 3 months. 4 LPG tanks, 2 tanks stored off site, with-in wagon pulling distance if it came to that.

And something many people don't think about is, if you have a unit that hooks to your home, and you have computer or other sensitive electronic equipment plugged into a UPS, make sure the UPS is generator compliant or can be adjusted for "dirty power" or it will drive you crazy while you fry your UPS.

And DITTO on the fuel stabilizer.

TC1 USCG Ret

tc1uscg

quality posts: 36 Private Messages tc1uscg
rpbusby wrote:I would caution anyone buying a cheap generator to read a few pages of the Amazon reviews (sorted newest first). Sometimes you get a great one, sometimes not-so-much.

I agree. Years ago, I thought it was nice for a in-law to give my kid their Honda, that they bought new. Granted, the car was 10 years old but that car ruined the Honda name for me. On ANYTHING they make. Some people like B&S engines, some like Honda engines. Others swear by other brands. Guess its the luck in the draw and if I learned anything, I do not trust Consumer Reports. Just sayin..

TC1 USCG Ret

whaleymn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages whaleymn

Pull the trigger and let us all know!

GandalfTheGrey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GandalfTheGrey
ajohnson098 wrote:These 2200 watt knock off generators come out all the time with discounts with different labels and they all come with clone Chinese engines.

Wrong. This has the Honda engine that's found in the 2000 watt Honda inverter generator that sells for about a thousand dollars.

escalante

quality posts: 9 Private Messages escalante
GandalfTheGrey wrote:Wrong. This has the Honda engine that's found in the 2000 watt Honda inverter generator that sells for about a thousand dollars.

The Hondo 2000 has a 98.5cc engine, this one and the Yamaha has a 79 cc engine

I hate polyester sheets!
Deceptacon Rock

poutie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages poutie
Wootofthenorth wrote:Two sellers on Ebay have this model for $200+/- but both those sellers have absolutely no selling history on Ebay(0 sales for one and maybe 14 unrelated sales for the other). All other, more reputable seeming sellers have this model listed for $500+. Walmart doesnt list this Wen model at all.
It lists a 1250 watt version for $370 which is nearly the same price as for these 2k watt versions on Woot. But go ahead and give the Ebay $200 sellers a try and let us know how it works out!

I did buy mine from a reputable seller off of eBay and paid about $70 less than this price over a year ago. Wal-mart had the 2200 watt inverter model for $299 3 months ago. So, go ahead and buy yours from woot and let us know how that works out for you!