Back to Amazon.com

WootBot

quality posts: 17 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

August 1 at 10:00am CT: Mobile 1 Motor Oil, 5W-30 (5 Quarts)

August 1 at 6:00pm CT: Klipsch R6i In-Ear Headphones (Refurb)

Prices start at $1 (Super-limited quantities)

WTF (Woot's Totally Fun-tastic) Pricing is a way for us to give you a chance at a ridiculous price on a specific deal without losing our shirts. Here's how it works:

• At the start time (see above), the deal launches at $1. There are just a few at this price. If you missed it, stay on that page for the next offer.

• Every few minutes, the price goes up a little more, with just a few at each price level. We'll keep raising the price until we reach a "final" price and/or it sells out. The price will increase 5-6 times before the final price is reached.

HINTS, TIPS, and EXPECTATIONS

• WTF Pricing is for these offers only.

• The deals will appear "Sold Out" until WTF Pricing starts at the specific times above.

• When the offer is live, click on it to try and buy it. A lot of other people will be clicking on it too.

• If you miss an offer, keep trying. Refresh the WTF page (F5 key on a PC) until the sale goes live again.

There are only a few quantities at each price point. Not just one, but not dozens. A FEW. Each level will sell out really quickly. Most likely you're not going to get one for $1. BUT YOU NEVER KNOW.

When you click on the offer, you might be ushered into Woot's Vestibule of Patience, the queue of customers who are trying to order. From there, you'll either be taken to the checkout page, or our servers will hiccup and kick you out to Woot's main page.

• You may get a message that your order has been denied or canceled. This just means that we ran out of inventory at that price before we could complete your order. Most likely this is going to happen, so just be ready for the disappointment.

And hey, if you ARE lucky enough to get the deal at one of the crazy-low prices, post about it in the thread below, or on social media, so other Wooters don't think this is some bait and switch deal. We can say it's not, but the internet never believes anyone. Help a Woot out, OK?

THANKS AND GOOD LUCK!

Zuconta

quality posts: 14 Private Messages Zuconta

Oil? For a $1? I wasn't planning on buying any, but I think I need it now.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1038 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

REMEMBER

You want to refresh the page with the large WTF banner for the next sales. The URL is different for each priced sale. Refreshing a sold out page does no good.

Be a pro.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

bsmith1

quality posts: 154 Private Messages bsmith1

I use Mobil 1! Do we know what weight will be offered?
Edit: based on past sales, I reckon 5w-30.

bestsportnascar

quality posts: 49 Private Messages bestsportnascar
bsmith1 wrote:I use Mobil 1! Do we know what weight will be offered?

For $1 just dump it in your car and hope for the best!

I also wonder if it is a 5 QT or 1 QT.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

bsmith1

bestsportnascar wrote:For $1 just dump it in your car and hope for the best!

I also wonder if it is a 5 QT or 1 QT.

Probably 5qt based on previous sales. Spouse's vehicle takes 6 quarts though, so I'll have to go buy a single one.

kazoobers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kazoobers
bsmith1 wrote:Probably 5qt based on previous sales. Spouse's vehicle takes 6 quarts though, so I'll have to go buy a single one.

If you get 5 qts for a $1 I think you could afford to buy a single quart at full price

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 15 Private Messages SailorButterfly

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

sompopo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sompopo

WTF pricing is lame.

bsmith1

kazoobers wrote:If you get 5 qts for a $1 I think you could afford to buy a single quart at full price

OR buy 5qt at the $1 level and another 5qt at the next price point! 4qt to spare! Maybe I could sell the leftover on the local buy/sell/trade sites...

ThunderThighs

Staff

sompopo wrote:WTF pricing is lame.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

peaceetc

quality posts: 73 Private Messages peaceetc
bsmith1 wrote:OR buy 5qt at the $1 level and another 5qt at the next price point! 4qt to spare! Maybe I could sell the leftover on the local buy/sell/trade sites...

Most people aren't ninjas like you so even getting one at a good price point would be a miracle. I still have absolutely no clue how you do it.

I GOT A FRICKING LETTER (November, 2017)

bsmith1

peaceetc wrote:Most people aren't ninjas like you so even getting one at a good price point would be a miracle. I still have absolutely no clue how you do it.

Patience, Persistence, Pinpoint Accuracy, and Plenty o' Bandwidth.

peaceetc

bsmith1 wrote:

Patience, Persistence, Pinpoint Accuracy, and Plenty o' Bandwidth.

So basically you just pee all over the place and it works out. Good to know.

My internet connection isn't all that great, unfortunately. I'm running on my landlady's connection so I can't upgrade it. I'm good at scoring crap but not quite fast enough for this stuff. I'll just be jealous of you, instead.

manlapig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages manlapig

Staff

Just your two minute reminder to let you know that you need to be refreshing the large WTF banner to get the next sale price. It is a different URL for each price we're selling this at. Make sure to refresh the below link!!!

https://sellout.woot.com/plus/wtf-pricing-mobil-1-synthetic-motor-oil-1?ref=w_gh_so_9_wp_2

bsmith1

Wow, seemed like quite a few at the $1 level.

mdrcoast

quality posts: 63 Private Messages mdrcoast

Got it for a dollar!!!!!

digitaljanitor

quality posts: 53 Private Messages digitaljanitor
bsmith1 wrote:Wow, seemed like quite a few at the $1 level.

Congrats on being first

What if there were no hypothetical questions?

mehsterie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mehsterie

So there's no wait page any more? You get it in your cart and then, hey, it might be yanked? I was always under the impression that once you got it in your cart and were at the review stage you could take a second and not worry about losing out.

erockem

quality posts: 1 Private Messages erockem

Order canceled

frosty2469

quality posts: 6 Private Messages frosty2469

“There was a problem with your order”

Ya, it didn’t go thru! Minor problem...

(No complaint, really, I got one of the last hikeos, and this was like a minihikeo?)

Edit: looks like we have a new mystery bag name? They are substituting words again...

manlapig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages manlapig

Staff

Check out some stats from the first sale at $1 of the WTF deals! The midwest really has a hankering for their oil!

bsmith1

manlapig wrote:Check out some stats from the first sale of the WTF deals! The midwest really has a hankering for their oil!

I reckon that's cuz we change our own oil not like them fancy coastal folk.

erockem

Billed to my cc already. Looks like I got it at $4.99.

Just got my confirm email.

Wisconsin.

bsmith1

digitaljanitor wrote:Congrats on being first

Thanks! I love WTF Pricing!

jthebird

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jthebird
bsmith1 wrote:Thanks! I love WTF Pricing!

are you using amazon log in or the old one.

erockem

jthebird wrote:are you using amazon log in or the old one.

I know this wasn't for me but I used amazon login with amazon billing.

jthebird

erockem wrote:I know this wasn't for me but I used amazon login with amazon billing.

I appreciate the info. I was more Curious than anything. I got one at the dollar level using my old login so the cart would load faster. Then I tried again with Amazon on the next sale and got that one as well. I have a feeling that this only happened though because they have so many more available this time. and I recalled one of the early sales bsmith said that he was able to get it using his Amazon login

jthebird

Also, the site seemed extremely slow. I don't know if that was on my end though because my internet was acting wonky as well

bsmith1

jthebird wrote:are you using amazon log in or the old one.

I used the amazon logon today! FYI, This time I did NOT wait for the payment options to load. I clicked that final button as soon as the checkout page loaded. (before it could become greyed-out while the payment options loaded)

I thought I got a "problem with your payment" error or something like that when I tried doing this before, but it worked today!

wootevil

quality posts: 25 Private Messages wootevil
sompopo wrote:WTF pricing is lame.

They should send you a 55 gallon drum for that comment.

x3 +x1 + =

deanerino1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages deanerino1
wootevil wrote:They should send you a 55 gallon drum for that comment.

They can't, they drained the drum and bent it into a chicken to give away.

Narfcake

quality posts: 396 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

Dang. I completely forgot about this earlier today.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

bsmith1

Narfcake wrote:Dang. I completely forgot about this earlier today.

jthebird

Narfcake wrote:Dang. I completely forgot about this earlier today.

Kindly forget about this later in the day too, k? Thanks

peaceetc

jthebird wrote:Kindly forget about this later in the day too, k? Thanks

*waves fingers* These are not the headphones you're looking for. Move along.

ThunderThighs

Staff

REMEMBER

You want to refresh the page with the large WTF banner for the next sales. The URL is different for each priced sale. Refreshing a sold out page does no good.

Be a pro.

papacheesy

quality posts: 6 Private Messages papacheesy

Holy crap, first sucker at $1!

Had to sacrifice my free Prime shipping to get it (checkout's a little faster on main login), but worth it, I say.

bsmith1

Got one! Only getting 50-74Mbps at home over wifi today.

qazxswe

quality posts: 15 Private Messages qazxswe
papacheesy wrote:Holy crap, first sucker at $1!

Had to sacrifice my free Prime shipping to get it (checkout's a little faster on main login), but worth it, I say.

Nice!

I was contemplating if I should use Prime or not, because I don't really want these anyways (I prefer flat earbuds).

Page loaded fast for me, but checkout l=page lagged for loading (not even to purchase, just to load the main page.)

🐧Too cool to have a signature.🐧