Back to Amazon.com

WootBot

quality posts: 17 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

​​

Wednesday, September 12 from 8am CT until 8pm CT

New deals pop up every 15 minutes or less!

WHACK-A-DEAL is something that our beloved forum moderator Thunder Thighs has been wanting to try for a long time. Here's how it works:

• At the start time (see above), the Whack-A-Deal page launches with 12-15 deals. Some of the deals might only have a few quantities available.

• Every 15 minutes or less, a new deal will pop up at the top of the page, and we'll remove a deal. How will you know? You'll need to refresh the page.

• Some items may be removed from the page for the rest of the day, and others may come back again (at the same price. No price trickery in this event).

• We'll keep about 15 products on the page at any given time. If an item sells out, it will move to the bottom of the page.

• Bags of Crap will pop up every now and then. Yeehaw!

HINTS, TIPS, and EXPECTATIONS

• The page will appear as "Sold Out" until the Whack-A-Deal event starts at the specific time above.

• If you miss an offer, don't fret. We might run the same deal again! Stick around, refresh the page, or come back later in the day to see the current batch of deals.

• This is an experiment. It's kind of like a Woot-Off, but with more stuff available at the same time.

• We want to have fun with this, and we want to know what you think. So tell us!

THANKS FOR READING AND GOOD LUCK!

bsmith1

quality posts: 155 Private Messages bsmith1

jpmcginley

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jpmcginley

Ready to be disappointed

x4, x1 CABGx3

qazxswe

quality posts: 18 Private Messages qazxswe

Won't be able to participate for most of this due to work.

Which is slightly ironic, since I'm going to be on a computer the whole time anyways.

Sounds fun though.

There is what to learn from the potato.

mossygreen

quality posts: 83 Private Messages mossygreen

Interesting. Very interesting.

bsmith1

qazxswe wrote:Won't be able to participate for most of this due to work.

Which is slightly ironic, since I'm going to be on a computer the whole time anyways.

Sounds fun though.

I won't tell if you won't.

qazxswe

bsmith1 wrote:I won't tell if you won't.

The problem, however, is that I'm currently being personally mentored by the CEO of my company, and he doesn't allow any distractions.

digitaljanitor

quality posts: 54 Private Messages digitaljanitor

What if there were no hypothetical questions?

lordbowen

quality posts: 848 Private Messages lordbowen

This sounds cool. But since it's a TT idea, I'm not surprised. She's come up with so many neat things to keep us entertained (and buying of course).

Hoping for some weird stuff.

bsmith1

qazxswe wrote:The problem, however, is that I'm currently being personally mentored by the CEO of my company, and he doesn't allow any distractions.

Ah. You're being "groomed". Today is the day you get that big promotion!

qazxswe

bsmith1 wrote:Ah. You're being "groomed". Tomorrow is the day you get that big promotion!

Possibly not though. He's the only one who knows the particulars of the position which I'm at. 😶

wajeremy

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wajeremy

Staff

qazxswe wrote:The problem, however, is that I'm currently being personally mentored by the CEO of my company, and he doesn't allow any distractions.

I mean technically so am I. Does it count as mentoring if it’s the CEO of Woot and he just shakes his head violently every time I try to say something he knows will almost certainly get me in trouble with the parent company high muckamucks?

Head Magister of the Woot!Loops Cereal Bar

bsmith1

wajeremy wrote:I mean technically so am I. Does it count as mentoring if it’s the CEO of Woot and he just shakes his head violently every time I try to say something he knows will almost certainly get me in trouble with the parent company high muckamucks?

wajeremy:
Hey, I have a great idea!

Woot CEO:

gpks1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gpks1

Looking forward to something fresh and new to distract me from working.
Good luck to all you fellow time wasters on the Brigade of Campers's.
I assume since I got a Brigade of Campers in the last 30 days, I'm outta luck, yes ? No special dispensation on the rule during this Beta tester ?

MountainMel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MountainMel

The Whack-A-Deal page does not seem to be loading. It is after 8:00 AM CST.

Demonius

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Demonius
MountainMel wrote:The Whack-A-Deal page does not seem to be loading. It is after 8:00 AM CST.

No, it's after 8:00 AM EST. Give it another 45 minutes.

suznl

quality posts: 4 Private Messages suznl

Are shipping costs per whack/order or once for the day (those of us who aren't Primers)?

almostheaven

quality posts: 6 Private Messages almostheaven

Will be stopping in several times to check this out today.Busy this afternoon so will be back.Thanks TT looking forward to something new on WOOT to keep me coming back for more!

rhcross519

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rhcross519

I like it!

tnhillbillygal

quality posts: 9 Private Messages tnhillbillygal

Got a shirt this morning so I'm in the woot zone. Looking forward to seeing what comes along!

x11

brandie346

quality posts: 29 Private Messages brandie346

Got a B0C! Thanks Woot!

B0C Count: 48

xdwendy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages xdwendy

Wooohooo!!! Scored a Brigade of Campers 😁😁

x2x2

naessivad

quality posts: 6 Private Messages naessivad

Who has two thumbs and just scored a Brigade of Campers on his birthday?

This guy, Thanks Woot

mwolfatwork

quality posts: 34 Private Messages mwolfatwork

I was the last Wooter to get in on the first crappy bag of this event.

musmagic

quality posts: 10 Private Messages musmagic

crap...I missed the crap

I was refreshing then too....I think

-mus

Corrado

quality posts: 133 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

So it's like SteepAndCheap then? I dumped/saved way more money than I should have there back in the day!

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

spiek

quality posts: 6 Private Messages spiek

Sounds like a blast. T&P.

migelito

quality posts: 9 Private Messages migelito

the banner that is supposed to take me to the deals is only taking me to the blog post. how do i get to the deals?

JDSardone

quality posts: 25 Private Messages JDSardone
migelito wrote:the banner that is supposed to take me to the deals is only taking me to the blog post. how do i get to the deals?

click the Wack a Deal graphic in the blog post or go here

manlapig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages manlapig

Staff

migelito wrote:the banner that is supposed to take me to the deals is only taking me to the blog post. how do i get to the deals?

Try this: Whack a Deal Sales Page!

Narfcake

quality posts: 397 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

naessivad wrote:Who has two thumbs and just scored a Brigade of Campers on his birthday?

This guy, Thanks Woot

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

suznl wrote:Are shipping costs per whack/order or once for the day (those of us who aren't Primers)?

I'm guessing per order.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

sammydog01

quality posts: 72 Private Messages sammydog01

It's a good thing I'm not eligible for crap- this is even more time consuming than woot-offs. You have outdone yourselves.

(You almost got me with the glow in the dark t-shirt.)

LindaGibson99

quality posts: 6 Private Messages LindaGibson99
sammydog01 wrote:It's a good thing I'm not eligible for crap- this is even more time consuming than woot-offs. You have outdone yourselves.

WAY more! And Wootstalker doesn't work with this. It more likely allows random people to stumble upon the prize. I like that actually. Hopefully they will post so we can get the chance of letters again.

sammydog01

quality posts: 72 Private Messages sammydog01
LindaGibson99 wrote:WAY more! And Wootstalker doesn't work with this. It more likely allows random people to stumble upon the prize. I like that actually. Hopefully they will post so we can get the chance of letters again.

Plus it's like a hidden puzzle game. I see that things have moved around, can I figure out what's new.

bsmith1

I haven't been watching closely, but the Gourmet whack-a-deal sale seems to be a normal event sale...

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

bsmith1 wrote:I haven't been watching closely, but the Gourmet whack-a-deal sale seems to be a normal event sale...

bsmith1

Narfcake wrote:

Have the items changed?

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

bsmith1 wrote:Have the items changed?

As much as the shirt whack-a-deal has.
/s

digitaljanitor

quality posts: 54 Private Messages digitaljanitor
bsmith1 wrote:I haven't been watching closely, but the Gourmet whack-a-deal sale seems to be a normal event sale...

Gourmet Whack-a-Deal just added more items. woo hoo!

What if there were no hypothetical questions?