Frequently Asked Questions
- So, what is Woot?
- Woot! is the original daily deals site, founded in 2004. Originally, Woot! offered one product per day until its stock of that item sold out, or until the product was replaced at midnight Central Time with the next offering. Today, we offer multiple daily deals and other short-term sales across 7 different categories, plus special site-wide events like Woot-Offs and other shenanigans.
- What's this big item at the top of the front page?
- That's our featured deal for that day. It's the best deal Woot! has to offer, often at the lowest price you'll find anywhere on the Web. And it's only available today: until midnight Central time, or until it sells out. At midnight, we'll replace today's Woot! with tomorrow's Woot! and today's Woot! will become yesterday's Woot!. Get it?
- Does Woot! offer benefits to Amazon Prime members?
- Yes, thanks for asking! Prime members receive free Standard shipping on Woot! orders and free Express shipping on Shirt.Woot! orders. Learn more.
- How fast is Shirt.Woot's Express shipping?
- Usually 2-3 business days, once the item is printed. Production times may vary based on seasonality. Please check the Shirt.Woot! offer detail page for arrival date estimates and your shopping cart page for promise delivery dates for your order.
- How do I get these Prime benefits?
- It's easy! Log into Woot! with your Amazon Prime account, place an order, and you'll see your shipping benefit applied at checkout. Remember to check the individual offer pages for any shipping details and restrictions. Not valid for international addresses and Gourmet offers.
- But I don't have Prime! What do I do?
- New members can get a 30-day free trial of Amazon Prime right here. Besides the super-cool Woot! benefits, Prime members also get FREE Two-Day Shipping on Amazon.com and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books.
- Do Prime benefits work during Woot-offs?
- Yes, Prime members receive free Standard shipping on Woot! orders and free Express shipping on Shirt.Woot! orders during Woot-offs.
- I missed a deal. Can I still get it?
- No. Once a Woot! deal expires or sells out, that's that. Period. We may offer it again at a later date, but we can't promise anything. We don't have a system for backorders, and we don't have waiting/notification lists. Sorry!
- I want to talk to a live person there. Can I call you?
- Yes, sometimes! The best way to reach the right person to help you is through our Support page. Depending on business hours, you may be directed to a phone number or email support form. For product-specific questions, you can also check our forums or contact the manufacturer.
- What is Woot's return policy?
- You may return most purchases within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. If the item being returned is not damaged or defective, we'll deduct the prepaid cost of return shipping from the refund. Once the item is received by Woot!, the refund will be applied.
- Can I start my own return?
- Yes, you can initiate your own return and print your return label directly from the Stuff You Bought page. Your order must have been placed within the last 30 days, the item price must be $20 or greater, and the item must have arrived damaged, defective, or missing accessories to qualify for a self-service return. Gourmet.Woot orders, Shirt.Woot orders, apparel orders, and any orders shipped by a freight carrier are not eligible for self-service returns. For these cases, please visit our Support page to initiate a return.
- Are there exceptions to this return policy?
Yes, and here they are…keep on reading!
Apparel and shoes
If you are not satisfied with your purchase or size of the item, return it in new and unworn condition in the original packaging for a full refund. Any product(s) that have been resized, damaged, or otherwise altered after delivery will not be accepted for return. Woot! will process your return and issue a full refund with no deduction for shipping after receiving it.
If you return product(s) that are ineligible for free returns with product(s) that are eligible for free returns, Woot! may deduct the shipping costs for the ineligible products(s) from your refund amount in accordance with our returns policy. In addition, some special product, order, or handling fees may still apply.
For items shipped by a specialty carrier (CEVA, ABF, Pilot) there is a flat $50 return fee.
Food and perishables
Food and perishables are not returnable to Woot!, but may be refundable or replaceable based on customer issues and availability.
Hazardous materials (except any item containing a lithium battery), including flammable liquids, glass, or gases, are not returnable to Woot! and are not refundable unless the item arrived in damaged or defective condition. Items that use fuel (e.g. lawn mowers, grills) are not returnable to Woot!. Please contact the warranty provider to repair or replace as needed.
Bags of Crap
Sorry, no returns. Once you hit that buy button, you're stuck with it. We don't want it.
- How do I return a damaged or defective product?
- If the item you purchased is damaged or defective and was purchased within the past 30 days, please go to our Support page to report the issue. You may be required to return your defective item to Woot! before an exchange or refund is issued. In the event the item being returned to Woot! is NOT found to be damaged or defective, you may be assessed a 15% restocking fee and the original shipping charge will not be refunded.
- How do I return a damaged computer?
- Any returned desktop, laptop or tablet that is damaged through customer misuse, is missing parts, or is in unsellable condition due to customer tampering may result in the customer being charged a higher restocking fee based on the condition of the product.
- How do I return damaged heavy/bulky items?
- For items shipped by a specialty carrier (CEVA, ABF, Pilot) damages must be reported to Woot! within 30 days of receiving the item. Items covered by a 90-day warranty will cover any defects that may happen.
- How do I return large vacuum-sealed items, like memory foam mattresses and toppers?
- Yeah, these items are too bulky to return. If there is a damage or defect, please contact Woot! customer service and they will assist you with a replacement, if possible, or a refund.
- I didn't mean to order that thing I just ordered. How do I cancel my order?
- If you want to cancel your order, you may do so in the first 2 hours after placing the order. To cancel, click on your username in the top right of the page. Go to STUFF YOU BOUGHT and look for the CANCEL button. Orders with expedited shipping are not eligible for cancelation.
- I didn't mean to send that thing to that place! How do I change the shipping address after the fact?
- Unfortunately, you can't change the address after an order is placed. We recommend canceling the order entirely, assuming a: it does not contain an item purchased from a Woot-Off!, b: you didn't use expedited shipping on any item, and c: you cancel within the first 2 hours after placing the order. Go to STUFF YOU BOUGHT and look for the CANCEL button. If it hasn't sold out already, then you may reorder the product with the correct address you meant to use in the first place.
- What can you tell me about product warranties?
- For information on warranties for products sold on Woot!, please see this page
- That's a happy little hint that warning you that an item is getting close to selling out. Better act fast!
- I see some orange flashing lights on the main page – what do they mean?
- Congratulations! You've stumbled into a Woot-Off! A Woot-Off! is a short-term frenzied mutation of our usual procedure. In Woot-Off! mode, a new product is launched immediately after the sellout of the previous deal. The number of Woot-Off! items, sequence, and quantity will not be announced. When Woot-Off! mode is over, the orange lights will disappear and our normal deal schedule will resume.
- What is the Daily Digest email?
- Our Daily Digest is an email summary of the deals available across all the Woot! category sites. It's a great way to see the highlighted deals available in a given day. It also includes the hilarious hijinks of Mortimer & Monte, our mascot monkeys.
- Aside from email, how else can I follow the day's deals without coming to the web site?
- Boy, have you got choices. You can follow our @woot twitter feed. You can like our Facebook page. And search your favorite mobile app store for Woot! apps.
Account & Ordering
- How do I create a Woot! account? How do I log in with some other type of account?
Making a Woot! account is easy. Simply click here to make a new account. We need nothing more than a username, a password, and your email address. You can also use your Login with Amazon account if you want. Read all about that one here.
If you have previously connected your Yahoo, Facebook, or OpenID account to your Woot! account, you can still sign in that way. If you use one of THOSE accounts, fear not - we'll never see your password.
- How can I change my password, update my email address, set my email preferences?
- Your password, email address, email preferences, forum avatar, third-party sign-in connections, forum signature, and more - are all accessible through the Your Account page. If you run into trouble with any of these, report the issue at our Support page.
- What payment options do I have?
- You can pay for your orders using VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Amazon Payments. We do not accept checks, money orders, uncut gemstones, or broken promises.
- What's Amazon Payments?
- Amazon Payments enables you to create an account on Woot! and complete your checkout process without having to enter your shipping address or payment information. If you have a Woot! account today, you can link up your Amazon account instantly. Then you'll have access to all of your Amazon-stored shipping and payment settings, and you to check out on Woot! faster than a cheetah on their way to a seafood buffet.
- How do I use Amazon Payments?
- To use Amazon Payments, just sign into Woot! using "Login with Amazon" on the sign-in or sign-up page. You'll be asked for your Amazon log-in and password. If you don't already have an Amazon.com account, you can create one from that Amazon login screen. Then select your payment method and shipping address from the Amazon Payments widgets (unless you have one-click turned on, which will pre-populate that stuff for you) and confirm the payment. Done! For more details about some of the legal mumbo jumbo about data sharing, order canceling, tracking and support, you can read the details in full over here. If you're buying from Gourmet.Woot!, you'll need to use Amazon Payments and purchase it separately from items from the other sites. (See below…)
- What purchases made via Amazon Payments are covered by Amazon's A-to-z Guarantee?
- All purchases made from Woot.com using Amazon Payments, except for items bought on Gourmet.Woot! and certain sporting goods (select knives and other weapons) will be covered by the Amazon Payments A-to-Z Guarantee. Please click here to see the full terms of the A-to-z Guarantee.
- How can I track my order?
- Regardless of shipping method, you will get a tracking email once your order ships. You can check your order status on the Stuff You Bought page. Click on the order number to view tracking information for that order.
- It seems like items are missing from my shipment. What's going on?
- First, check the Stuff You Bought page to see if your order was split into multiple shipments. If not, then it's possible there has been an error with your order. If that's the case, reach out to us at our Support page for further assistance.
- Why isn't my state/country/province listed; do you ship internationally?
- With the exception of Shirt.Woot!, we do not currently ship outside of the contiguous 48 United States. Certain sales or products may not be eligible to ship to specific states. At this time, we do not ship to Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, or Mexico.
- I'm a wholesaler/retailer/Bill Gates; can I buy from you in bulk?
- For most sales, there is a maximum of 3 units purchased per deal. An offer's purchase limit is listed in the offer, near the quantity selection option.
- I'm trying to order Gourmet.Woot!, but I have other stuff from another Woot! site in my cart. How does that work?
- For legal reasons, items from other Woot! sites have to be purchased in a separate transaction from your Gourmet.Woot! purchase.
- What is "Login and Pay with Amazon?"
- Login and Pay with Amazon links your Woot! account with your Amazon-stored shipping and payment settings, and it enables you to complete the checkout process with all the speed and finesse of a soaring falcon.
- How do I use "Login and Pay with Amazon?"
- To begin using Login and Pay with Amazon, you need to have an Amazon.com account. Once your Amazon account is set up, just head over to our sign-in page and click "Login with Amazon.". Log in with your Amazon email and password. When you place your order, all your Amazon payment information and shipping address will be there ready for you.
- Why doesn't Gourmet.Woot! have a shipping charge?
- Gourmet.Woot! is decidedly weird, so shipping works a little differently than the other Woot! sites. When you place an order on Gourmet.Woot!, standard shipping is included in the item price.
Content & Community
- What's with the Blog?
- Here, in the web log format that was popular like eight years ago, you'll find our daily product descriptions along with articles and links of interest to all our special little Wooters out there. Humor, trivia, pop culture, and games: you never know what form our genius will mutate into! If you click on "comments" below a blog entry, you'll wind up at the forum discussion topic for that post.
- Why do the product descriptions say such bizarre, unhinged, or unflattering things?
- We harbor a burning need to entertain. We crave the laughter of the crowd the way children crave ice cream cake. But keep this in mind about our product descriptions: they're for entertainment purposes and frequently employ literary point of view; the narratives do not express Woot's editorial opinion. Especially if you disagree with it.
- Do you guys have any awesome videos I can watch?
- How did you know? Check out our YouTube channel here, friend.
- What's the deal with the Community?
- A teeming hive of chitchat, the Woot! Community forums are where the hilarious Woot! conversation never stops. It's a world of silly gifs and deep personal insight. Proceed with caution ;)
- How do I join in the Community?
- First, you will need a keyboard. Then you need a Woot! account. Once you're all logged in, find a discussion that piques your interest (by browsing the Community, or clicking on a discussion link on a sale or blog post) and feel free to let it fly. Just keep it PG-13.
- What are Quality Posts and who decides what gets named a Quality Post?
- Our community moderation team does its best to elevate the most interesting and informative comments about each deal. These top-tier comments are rewarded with a Quality Post spotlight. Turn to the QPs listed in the first post of each discussion thread for the best of the comment section below.
- What is this hideous monster pictured with my name in the forums?
- That's no monster. That's your custom Woot! avatar! It's randomly generated from parts drawn by ultracool illustrator Will Guy, and unique to your account. If you're the kind of grump who hates fun, you can change it - maybe to a picture of a cat? The internet loves cats.
- What is not allowed in the community?
- First, the usual disclaimer – we're not responsible for the content of any user-submitted post in our community. In practice, we'll try to enforce some simple guidelines below. We want good and bad feedback and will not defend ourselves by means of censorship.
- Do not post personal information such as emails or physical addresses, phone numbers, order numbers, etc.
- Do not post any advertising to which you are related or stand to profit from the referral. (This means any reference to another site must be on topic, such as a lower price found, a product review, articles of particular interest to Wooters, etc.)
- Do not post fake reviews (good or bad) of a product you have not physically used or seen used firsthand. Feel free to post what you've heard, just try to be clear and upfront about it.
- Do not post anything that isn't safe for work, or safe for kids. Again, think PG-13. We will remove posts that violate our guidelines.
- Do not personally attack another community member. No name calling.
- No spamming or forum vandalism! We know it when we see it and we will delete it.
- Where are you guys located?
- Our headquarters are in Dallas, Texas, but a few of us are based in Seattle, Washington.
- Yes, we do. Thanks for asking! Read it in full.
- Can I work for Woot?
- Check our job listings page and get in touch with us if you see any roles you think would be a good fit for your experience and skills.
- Is it true that Woot! is a subsidiary of Amazon?
- Usually it's a good rule to never believe what you hear from a rapping monkey puppet. But in this case, yes, Woot! is an independent subsidiary of Amazon.