Account & Ordering
Content & Community
- So, what is Woot?
- Woot! is the original daily deals site, founded in 2004. Originally, Woot! offered one product per day until its stock of that item sold out, or until the product was replaced at midnight Central Time with the next offering. Today, we offer multiple daily deals and other short-term sales across 7 different categories, plus special site-wide events like Woot-Offs and other shenanigans.
- What's this big item at the top of the front page?
- That's our featured deal for that day. It's the best deal Woot! has to offer, often at the lowest price you'll find anywhere on the Web. And it's only available today: until midnight Central time, or until it sells out. At midnight, we'll replace today's Woot! with tomorrow's Woot! and today's Woot! will become yesterday's Woot!. Get it?
- What's this thing called "Pointless Price"?
- We don't use terms like List Price or Regular Price. Instead, we show the Suggested retail price, which is provided by our vendor or the Strike-through price imported from our friendly overlord Amazon (which is not necessarily the sale price). So, it's a little, well, pointless. But we hope it helps.
- Does Woot! offer benefits to Amazon Prime members?
- Yes, thanks for asking! Prime members receive free Standard shipping on Woot! orders and free Express shipping on Shirt.Woot! orders. Learn more on our Amazon Prime Benefits page.
- How fast is Shirt.Woot's Express shipping?
- Usually 2-3 business days, once the item is printed. Production times may vary based on seasonality. Please check the Shirt.Woot! offer detail page for arrival date estimates and your shopping cart page for promise delivery dates for your order.
- How do I get these Prime benefits?
- It's easy! Use the Log in with Amazon button on our sign in screen then enter your Amazon Prime login information. When you place an order, you'll see your shipping benefit applied at checkout. Remember to check the individual offer pages for any shipping details and restrictions. Not valid for international addresses.
- But I don't have Prime! What do I do?
- New members can get a 30-day free trial of Amazon Prime on the Amazon Prime Sign-Up page. Besides the super-cool Woot! benefits, Prime members also get FREE Two-Day Shipping on Amazon.com and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books.
- Do Prime benefits work during Woot-offs?
- Yes, Prime members receive free Standard shipping on Woot! orders and free Express shipping on Shirt.Woot! orders during Woot-offs.
- I missed a deal. Can I still get it?
- No. Once a Woot! deal expires or sells out, that's that. Period. We may offer it again at a later date, but we can't promise anything. We don't have a system for backorders, and we don't have waiting/notification lists. Sorry!
- I want to talk to a live person there. Can I call you?
- Yes, sometimes! The best way to reach the right person to help you is through our Support page. Depending on business hours, you may be directed to a phone number or email support form. For product-specific questions, you can also check our forums or contact the manufacturer.
- What is Woot's return policy?
- You may return most purchases within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. Some orders qualify for a Fast Refund. If your order qualifies, then Woot will process the refund one business day after you drop off the package with the carrier. If your order doesn't qualify, we will process your refund within 3-5 business days after the package arrives to our warehouse. If the item being returned is not damaged or defective, we'll deduct the prepaid cost of return shipping from the refund.
- Can I start my own return?
- Yes, you can initiate your own return and print your return label directly from the Stuff You Bought page. Your order must have been placed within the last 30 days, the item price must be $20 or greater, and the item must have arrived damaged, defective, or missing accessories to qualify for a self-service return. Shirt.Woot orders, apparel orders, and any orders shipped by a freight carrier are not eligible for self-service returns. For these cases, please visit our Support page to initiate a return.
- Are there exceptions to this return policy?
Yes, and here they are…keep on reading!
- Apparel and shoes
- If you are not satisfied with your purchase or size of the item, return it in new and unworn condition in the original packaging for a full refund. Any product(s) that have been resized, damaged, or otherwise altered after delivery will not be accepted for return. Woot! will process your return and issue a full refund with no deduction for shipping after receiving it.
- Combined orders
- If you return product(s) that are ineligible for free returns with product(s) that are eligible for free returns, Woot! may deduct the shipping costs for the ineligible products(s) from your refund amount in accordance with our returns policy. In addition, some special product, order, or handling fees may still apply.
- Heavy/bulky items
- For items shipped by a specialty carrier (CEVA, ABF, Pilot) there is a flat $50 return fee.
- Food and perishables
- Food and perishables are not returnable to Woot!, but may be refundable or replaceable based on customer issues and availability.
- Hazardous materials
- Hazardous materials (except any item containing a lithium battery), including flammable liquids, glass, or gases, are not returnable to Woot! and are not refundable unless the item arrived in damaged or defective condition. Items that use fuel (e.g. lawn mowers, grills) are not returnable to Woot!. Please contact the warranty provider to repair or replace as needed.
- Lithium battery
- For returns for items containing a lithium-ion battery, please contact customer service at email@example.com
- Bags of Crap
- Sorry, no returns. Once you hit that buy button, you're stuck with it. We don't want it.
- How do I return a damaged or defective product?
- If the item you purchased is damaged or defective and was purchased within the past 30 days, please go to our Support page to report the issue. You may be required to return your defective item to Woot! before an exchange or refund is issued. In the event the item being returned to Woot! is NOT found to be damaged or defective, you may be assessed a 15% restocking fee and the original shipping charge will not be refunded.
- How do I return a damaged computer?
- Any returned desktop, laptop or tablet that is damaged through customer misuse, is missing parts, or is in unsellable condition due to customer tampering may result in the customer being charged a higher restocking fee based on the condition of the product.
- How do I return damaged heavy/bulky items?
- For items shipped by a specialty carrier (CEVA, ABF, Pilot) damages must be reported to Woot! within 30 days of receiving the item. Items covered by a 90-day warranty will cover any defects that may happen.
- How do I return large vacuum-sealed items, like memory foam mattresses and toppers?
- Yeah, these items are too bulky to return. If there is a damage or defect, please contact Woot! customer service and they will assist you with a replacement, if possible, or a refund.
- I didn't mean to order that thing I just ordered. How do I cancel my order?
- If you want to cancel your order, you may do so in the first 2 hours after placing the order. To cancel, click on your username in the top right of the page. Go to STUFF YOU BOUGHT and look for the CANCEL button. Orders with expedited shipping are not eligible for cancelation.
- I didn't mean to send that thing to that place! How do I change the shipping address after the fact?
- Unfortunately, you can't change the address after an order is placed. We recommend canceling the order entirely, assuming a: it does not contain an item purchased from a Woot-Off!, b: you didn't use expedited shipping on any item, and c: you cancel within the first 2 hours after placing the order. Go to STUFF YOU BOUGHT and look for the CANCEL button. If it hasn't sold out already, then you may reorder the product with the correct address you meant to use in the first place.
- What can you tell me about product warranties?
- For information on warranties for products sold on Woot!, please see this page
- How do I register my New or Factory Reconditioned Computer?
Congratulations on your purchase. The first thing you’re going to want to do is register your computer so the warranty is assigned to you.
Most computer manufacturers start the warranty date at the time of build or certified refurbishment. The warranty resets once the product is purchased and registered. Note that you may be asked to provide proof of purchase. You can print your order details from "Stuff you Bought" on your Woot account.
- That's a happy little hint that warning you that an item is getting close to selling out. Better act fast!
- I see some orange flashing lights on the main page – what do they mean?
- Congratulations! You've stumbled into a Woot-Off! A Woot-Off! is a short-term frenzied mutation of our usual procedure. In Woot-Off! mode, a new product is launched immediately after the sellout of the previous deal. The number of Woot-Off! items, sequence, and quantity will not be announced. When Woot-Off! mode is over, the orange lights will disappear and our normal deal schedule will resume.
- What is the Daily Digest email?
- Our Daily Digest is an email summary of the deals available across all the Woot! category sites. It's a great way to see the highlighted deals available in a given day. It also includes the hilarious hijinks of Mortimer & Monte, our mascot monkeys.
- Aside from email, how else can I follow the day's deals without coming to the web site?
- Boy, have you got choices. You can follow our @woot twitter feed. You can like our Facebook page. And search your favorite mobile app store for Woot! apps.
- How do I create a Woot! account? How do I log in with some other type of account?
We use Amazon accounts for all new accounts. Click our Sign-Up page to get started. If you have an existing Amazon account, click the Log in with Amazon button. If you do not have an Amazon account, clickaccount, click the Create your Amazon account button.
- How can I change my password, update my email address, set my email preferences?
- Your password, email address, email preferences, and more - are all accessible through the Your Account page. If you run into trouble with any of these, report the issue at our Support page.
- What do you mean by deactivating the account?
- Deactivating your account sets it so it can no longer be logged into. You will not be able to make purchases or see your account information including order history. You can reactivate your account by contacting Woot! Customer Service.
- What do you mean by closing the account?
- Closing your account is permanent. Once your account is closed, it is no longer accessible by you or anyone else. If you decide later that you want to shop with us again, you will need to create a new account. Your Amazon account will not be affected by Woot! account closure.
- How do I deactivate or close my Woot! account?
Please use the Woot! Support form to deactivate or close your account.
On the Woot! app, the Support form can be found on the Account tab on the bottom navigation bar. On the next screen, choose "My Account" and then "I want to deactivate my account" or "I want to close my account permanently."
From a browser, hover over your avatar in the upper-right corner and choose Customer Service. On the next screen, choose "I want to look at my account!" and then "I want to deactivate my account." or "I want to close my account permanently."
After you complete the request, you'll find us in the corner quietly sobbing.
- What happens when I deactivate my Woot! account?
You will no longer be able to use or access your Woot! account but your customer profile, order history, returns and refunds and forum posts will remain intact. Woot! coupons on your account will expire as scheduled. You will no longer receive Woot! daily digest or marketing emails. If you no longer want to receive push notifications, you must turn them off in the Woot! app or delete the Woot! app.
If at any time you wish to reactivate your Woot! account, have questions related to your account, or need support for a Woot! warranty, reach out to Customer Service for assistance from the email address that was on your Woot! account.
- What happens when I close my Woot! account?
This action is permanent. Once your account is closed, it is no longer accessible by you or anyone else. If you decide later that you want to shop with us again, you will need to create a new account. Your Amazon account will not be affected by Woot! account closure.
You will no longer be able to access your customer profile, order history, returns and refunds, or forum posts. Unused coupons will no longer be available to use. You will no longer receive Woot! daily digest or marketing emails. If you no longer want to receive push notifications, you must turn them off in the Woot! app or delete the Woot! app. Within the following, 30 business days your forum posts will be anonymized and personal information you have provided will be deleted.
If you need support for a Woot! warranty, reach out to Customer Service for assistance. You must include an order number.
Note: Please be advised that Woot! and Amazon are legally required to retain some types of data, such as order history. We do this in line with applicable laws including for tax and accounting and fraud prevention purposes.
- What payment options do I have?
- We use Amazon Pay for all transactions. Amazon Pay is a payment solution that lets you use your payment options stored in your Amazon account (called the Amazon Wallet).
- How do I use Amazon Pay?
- All order payments go through Amazon Pay. During the checkout process, click or tap the Amazon Pay button. You may be asked to log in again. The next screen will show your default shipping address and payment choice. You can change these on that screen if needed. When ready, click or tap the Continue to checkoutbutton to complete your purchase. For more details about data sharing, order canceling, tracking and support, you can read the details in full over here.
- What purchases made via Amazon Pay are covered by Amazon's A-to-z Guarantee?
- All purchases made from Woot.com using Amazon Pay, except for certain sporting goods (select knives and other weapons) will be covered by the Amazon Pay A-to-Z Guarantee. Please click here to see the full terms of the A-to-z Guarantee.
- How can I track my order?
- Regardless of shipping method, you will get a tracking email once your order ships. You can check your order status on the Stuff You Bought page. Click on the order number to view tracking information for that order.
- It seems like items are missing from my shipment. What's going on?
- First, check the Stuff You Bought page to see if your order was split into multiple shipments. If not, then it's possible there has been an error with your order. If that's the case, reach out to us at our Support page for further assistance.
- Why isn't my state/country/province listed; do you ship internationally?
- With the exception of Shirt.Woot!, we do not currently ship outside of the contiguous 48 United States. Certain sales or products may not be eligible to ship to specific states. At this time, we do not ship to Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, or Mexico.
- I'm a wholesaler/retailer/Bill Gates; can I buy from you in bulk?
- For most sales, there is a maximum of 3 units purchased per deal. An offer's purchase limit is listed in the offer, near the quantity selection option.
- Why do the product descriptions say such bizarre, unhinged, or unflattering things?
- We harbor a burning need to entertain. We crave the laughter of the crowd the way children crave ice cream cake. But keep this in mind about our product descriptions: they're for entertainment purposes and frequently employ literary point of view; the narratives do not express Woot's editorial opinion. Especially if you disagree with it.
- Do you guys have any awesome videos I can watch?
- How did you know? Check out our YouTube channel, friend.
- What's the deal with the Community?
- A teeming hive of chitchat, the Woot! Community forums are where the hilarious Woot! conversation never stops. It's a world of silly gifs and deep personal insight. Proceed with caution ;)
- How do I join in the Community?
- First, you will need a keyboard. Then you need a Woot! account. Once you're all logged in, find a discussion that piques your interest (by browsing the Community, or clicking on a discussion link on a sale or blog post) and feel free to let it fly. Just keep it PG-13.
- What is not allowed in the community?
- First, the usual disclaimer – we're not responsible for the content of any user-submitted post in our community. In practice, we'll try to enforce some simple guidelines below. We want good and bad feedback and will not defend ourselves by means of censorship.
- Do not post personal information such as emails or physical addresses, phone numbers, order numbers, etc.
- Do not post any advertising to which you are related or stand to profit from the referral. (This means any reference to another site must be on topic, such as a lower price found, a product review, articles of particular interest to Wooters, etc.)
- Do not post fake reviews (good or bad) of a product you have not physically used or seen used firsthand. Feel free to post what you've heard, just try to be clear and upfront about it.
- Do not post anything that isn't safe for work, or safe for kids. Again, think PG-13. We will remove posts that violate our guidelines.
- Do not personally attack another community member. No name calling.
- No spamming or forum vandalism! We know it when we see it and we will delete it.
- Where are you guys located?
- Our headquarters are in Dallas, Texas, but a few of us are based in Seattle, Washington.
- Yes, we do. Thanks for asking! Read it in full.
- Can I work for Woot?
- Check our job listings page and get in touch with us if you see any roles you think would be a good fit for your experience and skills.
- Is it true that Woot! is a subsidiary of Amazon?
- Usually it's a good rule to never believe what you hear from a rapping monkey puppet. But in this case, yes, Woot! is an independent subsidiary of Amazon.